Development Review Committee
The Development Review Committee (DRC) is a committee of City staff members who are responsible for reviewing and approving development applications.
DRC Committee Members
- Building and Fire Safety Division
- Planning and Development Division
- Police Department
- Public Works and Utilities Department
DRC Reviewed Applications
- Changes of Use
- Planned Unit Developments (PUDs)
- Site Plans
- Site Plan Revisions
- Subdivision Plans and Plats
- Urban Design Guidelines in Activity Centers
Planning and Development coordinates the DRC agenda and distribution of the applicant’s plans, and should be the applicant’s initial point of contact.
Site Plan and subdivision plats require a mandatory pre-application conference. No pre-application conference is necessary for site plan revision applications. Refer to Section 2 of the Developer’s Guide for more information and the Request for Pre-Application Conference Form.
All DRC submittals are made at the Planning and Development Division. The typical submittal deadlines are:
- First Monday of the month by 4:30 p.m. for preliminary site plans and plats (for applications requiring DRC review and Planning Board approval).
- First or third Thursday of the month before 12 p.m. for final plans or plats, combined preliminary/final plans or plats, city surveyor plats and site plan revisions.
DRC meetings are held on Wednesdays in the Growth Management Conference Room, approximately two weeks after each submittal deadline. The DRC convenes on Wednesdays for review meetings with applicants and pre-application conferences.
Refer to the DRC Meeting Schedule for specific submittal and review dates.
The Developer’s Guide contains instructions, application forms, checklists and other documents for DRC applications.
For information regarding DRC application procedures and land development-related issues, please refer to the Developer’s Guide or call (407) 571-8150.