An unlimited amount of recycling may be placed curbside for collection. Place all recycle items in recycle bins and place curbside by 7 a.m.
For recycling pick-up information, view the My Government Services App.
Bins are provided at no charge to residents. However, due to unanticipated shortages, the City is not accepting bin requests at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you do not have a recycle bin, please place items in an open box-type container no larger than 3 ft. by 3 ft. by 15 inches tall.
Note: The City does not accept recycle materials placed in plastic bags.
City Drop-Off Locations
Residents can drop off recycled items at the following locations. Please adhere to the recycling guidelines.
- City Hall (Parking Lot Behind the Annex Building)
225 Newburyport Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Eastmonte Park
830 Magnolia Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Pasteboard (e.g., empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls as well as cereal, soda, beer, tissue, gift and shoe boxes)
- Brown paper grocery bags (NO wax, wet strength material or liners)
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened and cut down to no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet)
- Newspapers, supplements, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, junk mail, white and colored paper
- Clean plastic containers #1 - #7 (#s are on the bottom). Remove and dispose of all lids.
- Clean glass bottles and jars (clear, green and brown). Remove and dispose of all lids.
- Clean aluminum, steel and tin cans
You do not need to remove labels, but please rinse all containers before placing in bins. Food items can attract pests and bears.
- Plastic bags, planting pots, plastic trays
- Aluminum foil, pie plates
- Styrofoam (e.g., cups, egg cartons, etc.)
- Pizza boxes
- Wax-coated cardboard
- Shredded paper
- Light bulbs, drink ware (glass or plastic)
- Plastic containers or cans housing motor oil, paint, pesticides, herbicides, pool chemicals or any other hazardous material
- Electronic devices
- Broken glass (e.g., windows, mirrors)